Friday, March 16, 2012

Knit And Crochet Design Week: Day Five, Mess-Ups

Ok, So this is gonna be a fairly short post, because I haven't really made very many mistakes with lil panda so far (I'm happy about that lol). Anyhoo, the biggest problem I had was picking the yarn to go with my white. I delayed starting because I couldn't find a yarn that I liked. I ended up using Caron's Simply soft, in light country blue. It matched my felt, and it's, well...soft.

It's a tiny bit thick for the yarn I'm using for the head, but with a tiny (and I mean tiny) crochet hook, and tight stitching, it's working out alright.


The biggest mess-up I've had so far is panda's nose. I must have stitched it up and pulled it out three times! Here is a slightly disturbing picture of panda as i ripped out his nose for the second ( or third, I kinda lost count) time.


                                   It kinda looks like he's being eaten alive by blue worms (shiver)
Thankfully, that problem was resolved. I have finished panda's body and ears, I should have more pics tomorrow!

       Be sure to check out Stacey's post, and see what my fellow designers are up to HERE!!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how gorgeous the eyes are! :)

    What size hook did you end up using for the blue wool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.75 mm. I have to be careful not to split my yarn while I'm crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I Love getting your comments!! Thank you so much! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...