Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cattitude Kitties!

So I came up with the idea of making a basic body shape for an Ami, and then going crazy with details, and this is what came of it: Cattitude Kitties! It took me a while to figure out what kind of animal I wanted them to be, but in the end cats one over bears (teddies are so done) and dogs (I am NOT a dog person). The first one I made, I wanted the theme to be blue, so I used blue yarn for the hair, blue felt for the apron, and blue striped material for her turtleneck. She ended up as  "The Busy Mom Kitty" which was the best theme I could think of.

Her shirt is not very intricate, but I hope with practice, I will get better at making clothing for my dolls!


Making the hair took FOREVER. I peeled apart yarn for a very long time, until each ply was separate, then I laid it across the head and needle-felted it into place. It took a really long time, but It turned out looking nice! :)
          My Grandma got me a big Ol' bucket of buttons, so I used them too accessorize my kitties.



                  I found a blue heart button which went just perfectly with busy mom kitties blouse!



 The next kitty I made was way more fun! I've been watching The Pirates Of The Caribbean movies lately, and have been in a pirate-y mood. So Vengeful Pirate Kitty was born!!



I used another button for his belt buckle!



 I really love how his eye turned out! It's really fun experimenting with drawing different kinds of eyes for my Amigurumis!




I had kind of a hard time making his hat (I'm not much of a seamstress lol) But In the end, after much frustration, I turned it sideways, and It looked more like a pirate hat than it did from the front....
I'm really happy with how these guys turned out, and hope to make more soon!

                                            Both of these guys are in my Etsy store!

                                                                     -Brea <3

3 comments:

  1. These are SO cool! I love the pirate hat - rather than looking like your first attempt, it looks like you've been making them forever :)
    Your buttons are beautiful! I can't wait to see what other designs you come up with!
    Loving the Cattitude Kitties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brea, these are so freaking awesome! I absolutely LOVE the blue hair. I also love how you've "themed" them. I look forward to seeing more awesomeness in the future! ^_^
    ~Mamayir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, Thank you! The hat took me a while, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out! ^_^ My sewing skills could certainly use improvement though lol!

    Mamayir, Thanks!! I loved the idea of themed projects, because I can clearly picture the result in my head!

    ReplyDelete

I Love getting your comments!! Thank you so much! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...